Steps to Claim Credit
1. Login to the Online Itinerary Planner
Login link is in upper right hand corner of the screen. You will need your Badge ID number and Last Name. If you misplaced your Badge ID, please visit our registration site. Select the option at the bottom of the screen that says, “If you have forgotten your login information, please click here.”
2. Select “My Credit Cart/Certificates”
This selection may be found in the upper right corner of the screen after login.
3. REQUIRED: Complete the Overall Meeting Evaluation
To complete the required overall meeting evaluation, select the link on the right side of the “My Credit Cart/Certificates” screen.
Note that completion of the overall Meeting Evaluation is required before generation of CME certificates and certificates of participation.
4. Import Sessions into Credit Cart
Sessions may be imported into the Credit Cart (a) directly from the online planner, (b) from the “My Itinerary” section of the online planner, or (c) by importing from the app:
A. FROM ONLINE PLANNER DIRECTLY:
If you did not use the mobile app or build a "My Itinerary" schedule:
- . From the home page (http://www.abstractsonline.com/pp8/#!/4227), scroll to the bottom of the page and begin browsing sessions by day, session category, session type, or program highlights. You may also use the search bar located at the middle of the page to do quick search for sessions.
- Select the "Add to Credit Cart" icon to the right of each CME-eligible session for those sessions in which you participated.
(Note: if there is no “Add to Credit Cart” icon, either the session is not certified for CME credit or the session is for a Summit, and the attendee did not upgrade to Premier).
B. FROM THE “MY ITINERARY” SECTION OF THE ONLINE PLANNER:
If you built a "My Itinerary" schedule using the online itinerary planner:
- Select the "My Itinerary" at the top of the Home page
- Select "Add all Eligible Sessions to Credit Cart" from the link on the right side of the screen.
C FROM THE MOBILE APP
Did you flag sessions for credit in the Mobile App?
Note: In the mobile app, the message “Transmitted” indicated that your session was flagged for CME and was ready to be imported into the Online Itinerary Planner. “Transmitted” did not mean the items were automatically sent to the planner.
1. In the Online Planner, select the "My Credit Cart/Certificate of Participation" link at the top of the Home page
2. Under “OPTIONS” on the right side of the screen, select "Import from App."
5. Review Sessions in Credit Cart
All sessions claimed should now be reflected on the page. Review the page and confirm you attended the sessions and you wish to claim credit. To remove a session, select the "Remove" button.
6. OPTIONAL: Complete Session Evaluations (Required only for NSGC Credit)
To the right of each session on the “My Credit Cart/Certificate of Participation” screen, there is an option to “Evaluate Session.” Session evaluations are required only for those seeking National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) credit; however, all attendees are encouraged to complete these session evaluations to share their experience and report any bias found in presentations.
7. Generate Certificate
On the right of the screen, under "Available Certificates" select your certificate of choice.
Note: only physicians may claim credit using a CME certificate. Non-physicians should choose a Certificate of Participation.
CLAIMING ASRT CEUs
To request an ASRT certificate, generate a "Certificate of Participation – ASRT" and email the certificate, and your ASRT Unique Identifier to email@example.com. Please allow five business days to receive an ASRT certificate. All requests must be submitted by August 31, 2017 in order to receive your ASRT certificate.
CLAIMING GENETIC COUNSELOR CEUs
Note: Individuals participating in the NSGC session(s) and wishing to claim credit were required to enter their member ID and pay a processing fee at the time of registration. This fee cannot be paid post conference.
Participants seeking National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) credit are required to complete each session evaluation and a meeting evaluation in order to claim CEUs:
Add all sessions to your credit cart
1. On your "My Credit Cart/Certificate of Participation" tab located to the right, select "Evaluate Session."
2. Complete an evaluation for each session for which you are claiming NSGC credit.
3. Once you have completed all session evaluations, select "Certification of Participation – NSGC" on the right of the screen to generate your certificate.
You must complete each session evaluation & select "Certification of Participation – NSGC" no later than June 3, 2017 in order to receive credit. HRS will notify the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSCG) of your participation no later than June 15, 2017.
8. Print Certificate
Your certificate may be saved as a PDF or printed. Both the certificate and the list of claimed sessions are included in the document.
II. STEPS TO EARN MOC – DEADLINE June 30, 2017
HRS has designed a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Assessment that will allow board certified physicians to earn MOC points by answering at least seven of eight questions (shown below), with a minimum 50 word answer (and no more than 100 words) for each. Answers will be evaluated for meaningful and active engagement of the participant. Individual data will be shared with the ACCME through their PARS reporting system. Aggregate data from all responses will be used to assist in the planning of future Scientific Sessions and other educational programming. Aggregate data (but no individual data) may be shared with funders or other commercial entities.
Note: Please be sure to complete the CME credit process PRIOR to submitting your MOC responses. As required by the ABIM and ABP, the number of MOC points earned will equal the number of CME credits claimed – if you have not yet submitted your CME claim, your MOC points will equal zero.
ABP points will be rounded down to the closest whole number. You must complete the MOC Assessment on or before June 30, 2017 in order to receive MOC Points for Heart Rhythm 2017.
1. Login to the Online Itinerary Planner
- Login link is in upper right hand corner of the screen. You will need your Badge ID number and Last Name. If you misplaced your Badge ID, please visit our registration site. Select the option at the bottom of the screen that says, “If you have forgotten your login information, please click here.”
2. Select “My Credit Cart/Certificates” (This selection may be found in the upper right corner of the screen after login.)
3. On the right side of the screen, select “MOC Assessment.”
- Select your certification board (ABIM or ABP). Select if you would like to have your participation data shared with ABIM/ABP. If you do not select “Yes,” HRS will be unable to award MOC points.
- Answer seven of the eight questions on the assessment. If you wish to come back to take the assessment later, select "Save for later" at the bottom of the assessment page. If you are ready to submit your assessment, select the check box at the end of the assessment and select "Submit."
4. Review your summary of your assessment and confirm the submission.
5. Generate your MOC ABIM/ABP Letter of Participation and print for your records.
You will receive a status update regarding credit earned within 30 days of your submission.
MOC ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS – MUST ANSWER AT LEAST 7:
1. Identify a new scientific advancement or innovation that you believe will impact your care of patients with heart rhythm disorders and explain how/why it may improve outcomes.
2. Describe how you will change your management of patients to better follow clinical guidelines / recommendations and explain why you are willing to make this change.
3. Think about management of a patient for whom treatment protocols remain controversial, and describe your approach to treatment, including why you would choose that approach.
4. Describe at least one quality improvement measure, method or tool that you intend to implement in the coming year and explain what you hope to achieve.
5. Identify one or more of your tasks or procedures that could be assigned to other EP professionals (nurses, technologists, pharmacists, counselors, etc.) and describe how this change could optimize the patient’s experience.
6. Provide an example of how you could improve care coordination or communication with the patient (or patient’s family) and explain how you expect that change could impact care outcomes.
7. Describe a problem you have faced with patient adherence and identify patient education material that would be helpful to address barriers that contribute to the lack of adherence.
8. Describe efforts you and/or your practice will make in the coming year to meet payment reform requirements, and provide your thoughts regarding how these changes will impact overall care, outcomes and value.
MOC points can only be awarded by whole number. Therefore, the number of MOC points earned will equal the number of CME credits claimed, rounded down to the nearest whole number.
For help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.