International attendees requesting of a letter of invitation to attend Heart Rhythm 2017 38th Annual Scientific Sessions, May 10-13, 2017 in Chicago, IL, USA may generate one during the registration process. Registration will open on the following schedule:
December 13: Registration opens for Heart Rhythm Society Members
January 10, 2017: Registration opens for non-members
Requests prior to the above dates may be directed to email@example.com.
The following information is provided as a service by the Heart Rhythm Society — you are encouraged to visit each the applicable agency’s websites in order to ensure the most accurate, up-to-date information.
If you already have a U.S. visa, please check the expiration date to make sure your visa will not expire before or during your planned travel dates. Those traveling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program now need to obtain approval through the USA's Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before traveling. See below for more information.
A letter of invitation does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. The decision to issue a visa is the sole judgment of the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The Society is unable to assist with visa processing. The Society cannot provide any financial support for travel, registration fees, or local expenses.
Please review HRS Privacy Statement.
Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens and nationals from 34 countries to travel to and enter the United States for business or visitor purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.
Please see the VWP page of the U.S. Department of State website for full details on VWP and links for information regarding passport requirements, including how to obtain an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
After identifying that a visa is needed, foreign travelers should contact the U.S. Embassy Consular Section in their country to determine visa processing time frames, or visit the Visa Wait Times for Interview Appointment page of the U.S. Department of State website for an estimate. Advance travel planning and early visa application are important, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. It is important to thoroughly review all information on the specific Embassy's Consular Section website for local procedures and instructions.
Society Visa Request Recommendations
The Heart Rhythm Society recommends following these guidelines for obtaining a visa for entry into the United States:
- Request a letter of invitation to attend the annual meeting from the meeting organizer. This should be done five to six months prior to the meeting.
- Apply early. The visa application process can take up to six months to complete.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.
- If completion of travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, specify this at the time of the application.
- Provide proof of scientific status.
- Provide meeting brochure and letter of invitation.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence; applicants should provide proof of "binding," or sufficient, ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. This may include documentation of the following:
- Property ownership
- Bank accounts
- Employment contract or statement from an employer stating that the position will continue after the dates of the meeting.
Questions? If you have questions regarding traveling to Heart Rhythm 2017, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.