HRS has designed a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Assessment that will allow board certified physicians to earn MOC points by answering at least five of six questions (shown below), with a minimum 50 word answer (and no more than 100 words) for each. Answers will be evaluated for meaningful and active engagement of the participant. Individual data will be shared with the ACCME through their PARS reporting system. Aggregate data from all responses will be used to assist in the planning of future Scientific Sessions and other educational programming. Aggregate data (but no individual data) may be shared with funders or other commercial entities.
Note: Please be sure to complete the CME credit process PRIOR to submitting your MOC responses. For the ABIM, the number of MOC points earned will equal the number of CME credits claimed (up to a maximum of 23 points). For the ABP, the total possible number of CME credits (21) must be claimed in order to claim MOC points (21). If you do not claim your CME credit, your MOC points will equal zero.
The MOC Assessment Submission Site will open Wednesday, May 9, 2018. You must complete the MOC Assessment on or before Friday, June 8, 2018 5 p.m. EST in order to receive MOC Points for Heart Rhythm 2018.
MOC Assessment Questions
- Identify a new scientific advancement or innovation discussed during the conference and explain how it could impact the care and outcomes of your patients with heart rhythm disorders.
- Describe how you will change your management of patients to better follow clinical guidelines / recommendations and explain why you are willing to make this change.
- For your patients for whom management protocols remain controversial, explain how you may alter your management approach based upon what you learned at the conference.
- Describe at least one quality improvement measure, method or tool that you intend to implement in the coming year and explain what you hope to achieve.
- Explain how the outcomes of your patients could be improved through better communication with EP team members, other specialists and/or patients/caregivers.
- Describe efforts you and/or your practice will make in the coming year to meet payment reform reform requirements, and provide your thoughts regarding how these changes will impact overall care, outcomes, and value.