New this year!
Introducing the #HRS2020 Volunteer Program, launched for the 2020 Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions, this program is designed for early career individuals interested in attending Scientific Sessions who may not otherwise have the opportunity to do so.
What is the #HRS2020 Volunteer Program?
HRS will select a team of volunteers who will receive a minimum 50% discount on their #HRS2020 registration in exchange for working at up to five sessions during the meeting. The volunteer will be responsible for assisting moderators, chairs, and/or faculty within session rooms, enabling moderators and chairs to use the technology in the room more effectively. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to meet and network with #HRS2020 faculty at an exclusive kickoff reception
What is expected of Volunteers?
Every accepted individual must volunteer for one full day within a session room during #HRS2020, from Wednesday, May 6 to Saturday, May 9. Your typical workday will include check-in at 6:30 AM with a 30-minute training session. Sessions will begin at 8:00 AM and run through 5:00 PM, but exact timing may vary depending on room assignment. Individuals will have the opportunity to select which days they prefer to work, and which days they would be unable to work, when completing the application.
What are the benefits of being a Volunteer?
- Discounted Registration: Affiliate and Allied Professional Members will receive 50% off their #HRS2020 Registration fees. Qualified Students, Interns and Residents, will receive a complimentary registration to #HRS2020.
- Networking Reception: Meet and network with early career individuals in the Volunteer Program as well as HRS leadership!
- HRS Gear: Receive an HRS-branded vest or jacket.
- Network with Faculty: Provide direct support to faculty and chairs in the #HRS2020 Session Rooms – a great opportunity to network with today’s leaders in the EP field.
- CME/CE Eligible: Claim credit for all sessions you attend (even on the day you are assisting!) for the session's designated credit hours as you will be in the session room and can engage with the content.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be one of the following:
- Affiliate Member
- Allied Professional Member with less than five years' experience
- Student, intern, or resident, who has not yet entered fellowship. Undergraduate, graduate, and medical students are welcome to apply.
If you are currently defined as an In-Training (Fellow or Post-Doc) Nonmember or Allied Professional Nonmember, you may apply to the Volunteer Program but HRS must receive a membership application by January 30, 2020 for you to remain eligible for acceptance.
- Affiliate Membership is complimentary. Affiliate Membership is for individuals In-Training (Fellows or Post-Doc). Learn more here.
- Allied Professional Membership information can be found here.
All #HRS2020 attendees are limited to one award, scholarship, or discount at #HRS2020, including the accepted Abstract Presenter discount. Individuals who are abstract presenters, faculty, award winners and scholarship recipients are welcome to apply to this program, but please note that only one discount will apply when registering.
What is the application timeline?
- December 10: Application Opens
- January 30: Application Closes
- February 18: Notification of application status will be sent via email.
Additional Information on Applying
Click the link below to begin your application. For individuals without an HRS account, you must create an account to begin the application process.
Questions? Contact email@example.com and note in the subject line "#HRS2020 Volunteer Program - Question."